|An Aug. 20, 2018 satellite image showing the West Coast shrouded in smoke from 110 large fires that erupted across the region, burning nearly 2 million acres. Image: NASA. Click to enlarge.|
Top Wildfire Stories From SEJournal
- How Much Longer Will Insurers Cover Wildfire Loss Near You?
- Wildland-Urban Interface — How Disastrous Wildfires Get Into Your Neighborhood
- Where There’s Smoke, There's ... a Health Threat
- With Wildfire, When Is Climate Change the Spark?
- Wildfire Season Comes Earlier, Bringing Broader Stories
- Forest Service Offers Mapping Database on Potential Wildfire Hazards
- Tracking Respiratory Health Risks From Wildfire Smoke
- Start Tracking Wildfires Before Things Get Hot
EJ InSight & BookShelf/Between the Lines
- F/8, N95 and Be There — Wildfire Photojournalism in the Pandemic Era
- Forged in Fire — Author Follows the Flames, and Fights Them, To Cover the Changing Nature of Wildfires